Reproducible Science Use Cases With HydroShare and Sciunit Jupyter Notebook Example using SUMMA
|Authors:||YOUNG-DON CHOI David Tarboton Tanu Malik|
|Resource type:||Composite Resource|
|Storage:||The size of this resource is 23.9 KB|
|Created:||May 24, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.|
|Last updated:|| Jun 12, 2019 at 6:29 p.m.
|Citation:||See how to cite this resource|
This resource holds the notebooks and scripts to demonstrate Reproducible Science Use Cases With HydroShare and Sciunit for EarthCube 2019 annual meeting session. This resource is designed to be opened with the CUAHSI JupyterHub HydroShare app. Then open the notebook file “my_analysis.ipynb” and step through it. It is designed to be somewhat self explanatory and call upon scripts that are part of this resource when needed.
The work illustrated follows the following steps
1. Set up the problem and visualize the study area
2. Run a script to repeat the analysis needed to produce Fig 7 in Clark et al. (2015). This establishes repeatability.
3. Encapsulate the script in a sciunit container. This is a further component of repeatability.
4. Push the sciunit to HydroShare to that it can be accessed by others. This demonstrates runnability on a different computer
5. Access the HydroShare resource containing the sciunit from a different user and repeat the sciunit. This demonstrates reproducibility.
6. Use sciunit to run a slightly changed script that adds another evapotranspiration option to the results. This is an illustration of replicability, a separate user adding new data or analysis to the work.
Clark, M. P., B. Nijssen, J. D. Lundquist, D. Kavetski, D. E. Rupp, R. A. Woods, J. E. Freer, E. D. Gutmann, A. W. Wood, D. J. Gochis, R. M. Rasmussen, D. G. Tarboton, V. Mahat, G. N. Flerchinger and D. G. Marks, (2015), "A unified approach for process-based hydrologic modeling: 2. Model implementation and case studies," Water Resources Research, 51(4): 2515-2542, http://doi.org/10.1002/2015wr017200.
Duplicate. Keyword not added.
|This resource cites:||Clark, M. P., B. Nijssen, J. D. Lundquist, D. Kavetski, D. E. Rupp, R. A. Woods, J. E. Freer, E. D. Gutmann, A. W. Wood, D. J. Gochis, R. M. Rasmussen, D. G. Tarboton, V. Mahat, G. N. Flerchinger and D. G. Marks, (2015), "A unified approach for process-based hydrologic modeling: 2. Model implementation and case studies," Water Resources Research, 51(4): 2515-2542, http://doi.org/10.1002/2015wr017200.|
|Title||Owners||Sharing Status||My Permission|
|2019 EarthCube Conference Demo presentation material for advanced collaborative modeling framework||YOUNG-DON CHOI||Public & Shareable||Open Access|
This resource was created using funding from the following sources:
|Agency Name||Award Title||Award Number|
|National Science Foundation||EarthCube Building Blocks: Collaborative Proposal: GeoTrust: Improving Sharing and Reproducibility of Geoscience Applications||ICER-1639655, ICER-1639759, ICER-1639696|
People that contributed technically, materially, financially, or provided general support for the creation of the resource's content but are not considered authors.
|Anthony Michael Castronova||CUAHSI||MA, US||3399334127||ORCID , GoogleScholarID , ResearchGateID|
How to Cite
This resource is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution CC BY.http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Please wait for the process to complete.